Monday, May 19, 2008

There's No Place Like Davao...

Canibad with Burong mah friend
Samal Island

I just miss the laid back kind of life I have had in Davao.... the late friday and saturday nights at MTS taboan with Anne, burong and buloy over a couple of ice cold san mig light, sisig and spicy wings from Mamo's chicken or a serving of aling froping's special halo halo while gin blossoms is being played by the night's featured band. There were saturday or sunday morning's where out of the spur of the moment decision we suddenly find our selves in Paradise Island or at Isla reta eating kinilaw and grilled tuna belly and panga cooked by the boys. Or just having a picnic at Loleng's with my family during one of those lazy sunday afternoons after early morning church service.

A bad day in the office is equal to videoke night at Cats and Dogs or K1 where we can unwind while singing korny love songs or having the guts to sing 'Better Days'. I might say we can have a great time without having to spend so much money. Diba Anne?

Living here in Makati, I find myself spending so much time in the office. The 24-hours in one day is not enough. As they say, so little time so much to do. I find myself always in a hurry unlike in Davao when I wake up I can still have a few moments to spare watching sponge bob, CatDog, and Blues Clues with ellana, my niece, before getting ready for work. Well, I hate to admit it but I am a 26-year old who still loves to watch cartoons. A bad day at work here is equal to overtime, good food from kaya and me wishing to be able to lie down in bed and have a good night's rest.

Although I myself can cook, I still miss my Mom's cooking. It's different. I miss my Mom's pancit canton because here we've been eating a lot of instant pancit canton and korean spicy noodles almost every single day. I really love her home made pork and beans where the beans is outnumbered by the pork hehehe or Nilagang Baka. Hmmm yummy!

I miss my friends but atleast I made a few here. I might add my flatmates are also my officemates and the good thing is Bisaya mi tanan cool huh? My flat mates are the most unique individuals. I am having a hell of a great time with them.

Looking back during my first few weeks in Makati, I think it was just so funny. I was really homesick... I missed everyone including our dog. The worst thing was every morning Ryan was constantly playing Daughtry's song 'Home' makes me wanna cry. I was so pathetic. Well atleast now I am getting the hang of my life here... It's just Makati, not some other parts of the world and I can go home anytime. Yeah right, I can go home but I just don't have the time....

Maybe it's about time for me to grow up. Discover and be able to find a sense of fulfillment. Even though how much I wanted my life to revolve around the people I have loved, I have grown up with, my puppy, my dogs, my cousins or just maybe live my entire life in Davao, but I have to move on, move away... and find my place in this world. Maybe Davao is not the place where my dreams will be fulfilled but Davao will always be the place I will call home...

At Isla Reta with Anne and Billie

Videoke Nights with officemates

Lazy Sunday Afternoon at Loleng's

Me singing at some piano Bar
in Davao

Wasted at Retro Bar

Makati Officemates

Housemates!

1 comment:

MELODY said...

Oh my goodness Adelle! you made me miss the good old days.Davao is indeed our "real home" but somehow, we have to get out of our comfort zone and be mature enough to face the bigger world.Nauna na ka...sunod lang ko. ;-)