Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kimchi and More...



Ever since I Started working for a korean construction firm in Makati, I have been to korean restaurants numerous times. From 'kaya' the ever famous korean restaurant with so many branches in Manila to 'Le jo', 'Korea garden' and 'Masan' all located at the heart of Makati. Korean Meals are known for its number of side dishes. The first time, when the 'banchan' or the side dish was served I ate a lot of it only to find out later that it was just the appetizer. I think Korean cuisine is very healthy since it is primarily with tofu, meat, rice, noodles and vegetables a lot of it i might add. There are more protein than carbs. Oh and before I forget... they have a lot of spicy dishes on their menu...

the 'kimchi' - the most common side dish
made of fermented vegetables
usually spicy

One of my favorites is the Bulgogi... made from marinated beef usually it is being cooked right in front of you...

'Bulgogi' - grilled beef
Photo Courtesy of Wikipedia


Another dish is the Samgyeopsal-gui (Grilled Side of Pork) with the stove in front of you, you cook the thin strips of pork belly the way you like. Well, I love it slightly toasted and I eat it with lettuce.
'Samgyeopsal-gui'
Photo courtesy of my Korean Kitchen

Hmm what else do I like? aside from sojo... I like a few other side dishes and bibimbap but I forgot what the other dishes are called but what i love most is the experience... seems like a ritual of some sort where you can commune over a healthy hearty meal.

big bosses

1 comment:

Carlota said...

ay kimchi one of my fave. yay gigutom lang ko da. sayang wala lang mi bugas.

welcome sa bisdakplanet