Friday, May 23, 2008

Live life!

I have always dreamed of being able to go to different places. Take on an adventure of a lifetime. Discover and try new things. Meet new people. Learn a new language. Backpacking on an unfamiliar territory. Friends will often describe me as "From Davao City to Any point in Mindanao", just like labels on cargo trucks. Be on the great outdoors.

But right now seems like work has been keeping me glued within the space of my cubicle figuring out how much volume should be excavated or how can I make my mind work after 12 or more hours of work. Is this what I really want to do with the rest of my life? I am not saying I hate my job. Well in fact we are all well compensated and well taken cared of but this is just a realization that I have. It's nice to be in a corporate world where you can meet people who would often discuss multi-million dollar projects or be a part of the realization of it.

Still for me working in a corporate world is equivalent to NO TIME for other things but work. I am just speaking for my case. Sometimes I feel so trapped... so restricted... On the other hand, this a good experience for career growth and stuff like that. For now, I'll just do more than what is required of me at work and save save save. In time maybe before I will turn 30 I will pursue what I have always dreamed of. Begin the adventure of a lifetime. I don't want to enslave myself on work, we only have one life to live and to think we don't get to live a hundred years. I don't want to be 60 years old, look back and wonder what if or regret that I should have enjoyed life more and spent more time with the people who matters.

Live life... Enjoy life!


1 comment:

Santa editorial said...

hi adelle, so pretty young lady :-) thanks for visting my bluesandwhich blog and posting a comment there - still working on it if i have time - more time. more or less i believe that serving two masters at the same is difficult LOL. im home now after minssad. im not working as yet - there are many things to take care of down here. im into business soon - monkey business. familiar? your blog says LOL. take care and i surely will miss you and mco. i will make a post on it later when i am done with heartaches LOL. i'm joking.